In today’s fast world, online chatting has become a routine task. One just cannot live without internet. The Internet has made communication much easier and efficient, but it isn’t always a safe game. Chatting has its own pros and cons. The Internet doesn’t remain fun when people start getting hurt. There are plenty of predators available online who are using the technology against people like me and you. Sadistic people are mostly engaged in this type of behavior who knowingly create trouble for others. With the increased incidents of cyberbullying, one should always access diligently. There are some tips which can help accomplish the task of security.
- Safeguard your identity: Try not to choose the online ID that asks for your real name, and never pass on any information which can be used to trace your location. Don’t reveal any personal information like your real name, phone number, email identity, residential address, any bills, bank details and school’s/college’s name and address, etc.
- Things may not be as they seem: This can be counted as one of the greatest threat exposed by online chatting that we just cannot predict whom we are talking with. Even identifying their gender is difficult. These people can be keen observers and keep a note of even the most trivial information you reveal about yourself and can use it against you. They are exceptionally good communicators who are well proficient in gaining the trust of the other individuals. It is very important to be attentive while putting yourself in front of another person.
- Choose a chat room which is specific: Chat rooms are usually fun because one can always share their views regarding any topic, some chat rooms come with full security but some are open for all, and that can easily be misused by the lurks. Chat rooms are not really secured because it is not going to save from the inappropriate sayings. Try not to enter into a conversation with people who are not from the similar age group because some nefarious adults can target small aged children. Don’t accept a request from unknown people and don’t share your pins and numbers as well.
- Supervise and keep a close eye on online activities: Children should be encouraged to share their problems with their parents and parents should also keep an eye on what age group people their children are talking to. Both the kids and the parents should be careful about who they are sharing their personal information with. Parents should regularly teach their children about safe online behavior. It is important to tell the children that they should only chat with people they know personally.
- Go for secure chatting sites: There are some sites that assure safety and security such as Chatlb, MocoSpace, Faceflow, Chat Avenue, ChatRandom, Tiny Chat, Cupid, etc. In the technologically advanced world, things can get messier and can take a lifetime to fix the damage, “do not trust anyone” is the key.
Jeniffer Leio is an innovative being who has been doing intensive study in particular topics and writing blogs and articles like Facebook Support, Comcast Support, Microsoft Customer Support and numerous other related topics. She is a tremendously knowledgeable person with lots of skill.